OpenRefine is a free, open-source program used for working with messy data. It allows you to clean, transform, and augment data in preparation for analysis and visualization.
- Please visit our tutorial on installing OpenRefine
- Please note that all computers in the Map and Data Library (on the fifth floor of Robarts Library), and the computer labs on the fourth and fifth floor of Robarts Library have OpenRefine installed
- Working with Messy Data in OpenRefine, an online, self-paced course administered through Quercus
- OpenRefine Tutorial 1: Survey of Household Spending Activity
- OpenRefine Tutorial 2: Citizen Science Activity
- OpenRefine Tutorial 3: Regular Expressions (Regex) Activity
- OpenRefine Tutorial 4: 311 Calls Activity