The Map & Data Library's collection of numeric data is especially strong in Canadian datasets, but also contains international coverage on a range of topics. You can search for data right from our homepage, or you can limit your search specifically to statistics or microdata.
What are statistics?
- Ready-to-use numeric facts
- Tables of counts, totals, means/averages, percentages etc
- Use when you need numbers to support an argument
What is microdata?
- Tables of individual-level data (one record per person, household, etc)
- Requires analysis in statistical software in order to generate statistics
- Use when you need to generate your own tables or run statistical tests
Data CD Inventory
Below is a spreadsheet listing the map & Data Library's holdings of CDs with data. If you see a data CD on the following spreadsheet that would be relevant to your research, please come in person to the Map & Data Library (on the fifth floor of Robarts Library, open 11am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or contact email@example.com and request it from one of the librarians or staff members. Please note that data CDs are only available to current University of Toronto students, staff, and faculty members.