Table of Contents
- Requesting a License
- Downloading, Installation, and Authorization (Windows)
- Downloading, Installation, and Authorization (Mac)
- Check NVivo’s system requirements before downloading:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Tableau Desktop is a commercial program used to create data visualizations and interactive dashboards. This tutorial assumes that you are student, instructor or researcher at the University of Toronto, and can thus request a free, renewable, one-year license for Tableau Desktop from Tableau. If you are a member of the public, please consider using Tableau Public instead, which is free.
OpenRefine, formerly GoogleRefine, is a free and open-source program to clean data.
1. Download a copy of OpenRefine. We recommend downloading the latest "final release" and not a "beta" version.
2. If necessary, please also download and install Java.
3. With Java installed, follow the instructions from the OpenRefine wiki as appropriate to your operating system.
If you need to uninstall and reinstall your authorized copy of ArcGIS (for example, if you are reformatting your hard drive or switching to a new computer or you have entered your eva code in once and it did not authorize) please follow these instructions before uninstalling the software.