- Various levels of Geography are available openly on Scholars Portal Geoportal at http://geo2.scholarsportal.info/#r/search/_queries@=1986%20census%20of%20canada;&fields@=;&sort=relevance&limit=entitled
- Census division and subdivision: UTL has print maps available for consultation
- Census metropolitan area and agglomerations: Digital reference maps available (Internet Archive); UTL has print maps available for consultation for national geographies and census metropolitan area of Toronto
- Map & Data Library holds an archived copy of historical census reference maps on CD-ROM: #1041, #1057.
- Census tract: UTL has print maps available at the census tract level for select Ontario cities; Metropolitan Atlas Series available online (Internet archives) for select cities:
- Federal Electoral Districts: UTL has print maps available for consultation (1976 representation order)
Geographic reference products
- Reference guide to census division and subdivision maps