Geographic reference products
- Reference guide to census divisions and subdivisions reference maps
- Reference guide to federal electoral districts and enumeration areas reference maps
- Reference guide to 1996 Large Urban, Small Urban and Rural Enumeration Area Reference Maps (EA)
- User guide to digital boundary files and digital cartographic files produced by Statistics Canada
- 1996 Census Catalogue: includes descriptions of all geographic reference material produced in part 1.2 (pg 19-23) and digital geography products in part 2 (pg 25-29)
- Forward sortation areas, land area file (CSV file. Created by Gerald Romme, Map & Data Library, in 2006 - derived from digital cartographic file in ArcInfo format)
- GeoRef. This was a data retrieval and tabular output software. It provided 1996 population & dwelling counts for all geographic areas excluding postal code, and geographic reference information such as geographic codes and names, allowing clients to explore the link between standard levels of geography. The Map & Data Library has an archived copy of this software on CD-ROM: #301, #302.