This page is a guide to data repositories, data storage and security, and support materials for those conducting COVID-19 research.
The Research Data Management team is here to help researchers currently engaged in COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 research. If members of the University of Toronto research community would like assistance with managing or publishing their data, please contact email@example.com or use our contact form.
- A repository for data examining the social, behavioral, public health, and economic impact of the novel coronavirus global pandemic.
- Free self-publishing option for any researcher who wants to share data related to COVID-19.
- Deposits should include all data, annotated program code, command files, and documentation necessary to understand the data collection and/or replicate research findings.
- This community collects research outputs that may be relevant to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) or the SARS-CoV-2
- Scientists are encouraged to upload their outcome in this collection to facilitate sharing and discovery of information
This set of resources identifies various choices for depositing and sharing your research data including,
- University of Toronto’s Dataverse in Borealis, the Canadian Dataverse Repository
- Multidisciplinary repositories such as Zenodo, Figshare, or Dryad
- Search for a discipline-specific repository at re3data.org
- Canada-wide: If you are doing COVID-19 focused research and would benefit from advanced research computing (ARC) resources and expertise, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alberta: Rapid Access Cloud available to members and Alberta small-to-medium sized enterprises to assist with their move to digital environments
This set of resources provides information on storing your research data including,
- Secure data storage (1 TB) available on OneDrive at the University of Toronto
- A data storage decision matrix (Please note that this information is not up to date)
- CRIS Working Securely: Remote Data Collection and Storage
- Backing up your data
- Free data transfer (secure file sharing) for all sizes of data for 6 months
This set of resources provides information on data security for your research data including,